- September 15: Star gazing at Cold Spring Farm. The sky was glorious from the open fields of the farm. The crowd was buzzing, as were the insects of field and forest. Jess and Jeff, our hosts, ordered up perfect conditions as well as some homemade victuals. The Astronomical Society of New Haven brought professional telescopes for all to look through. It was a glorious and enchanted evening!
- July 8: [paraphrasing Arlo Guthrie] '15 bikes, 15 restless riders...' riding to Willimantic on the Airline Trail. The weather was perfect. The cyclists were enthusiastic. The beer was cold. Willimantic Brew Pub (above) was an excellent destination. One of our best outings yet!
Our goal is to help educate, entertain, and amuse! Usually this means a walk in the woods, but we can take to the water or the wheels.
Preview of coming attractions:
- November—(tentative) bike the Airline Trail from Old Hartford Rd to Rte 85, Hebron
- December—Colchester downtown: history, Christmas lights
- 2018 is in the works. Have a suggestion? Let us know!
“The people have a vital interest in the conservation of their natural resources; in the prevention of wasteful practices." ― Herbert Hoover
"While attending to 'today' many of us may not notice the impact of our actions: specifically, our actions relating to the environment.” ― Henry David Thoreau
Want to be kept informed of upcoming hikes and other CLT events?