- July 8: [paraphrasing Arlo Guthrie] '15 bikes, 15 restless riders...' riding to Willimantic on the Airline Trail. The weather was perfect. The cyclists were enthusiastic. The beer was cold. Willimantic Brew Pub (above) was an excellent destination. One of our best outings yet!
- June 3: CT Trails Day! we enjoyed a serene paddle around 125-acre Red Cedar Lake, taking in the sights and sounds: birds chirping, turtles dropping off logs into the water, and ducks flapping. And one Blue Heron! It was a marvelous day and a wonderful bit of exercise with some old friends and some new ones.
Our goal is to help educate, entertain, and amuse! Usually this means a walk in the woods, but we can take to the water or the wheels.
Preview of coming attractions:
- August—mushroom hunting (tbd)
- September—star gazing
- October—Barn dance/hoe-down! A fund-raiser. Planning is in the works.
- November—(tentative) bike the Airline Trail from Old Hartford Rd to Rte 85, Hebron
- December—Colchester downtown: history, Christmas lights
- 2018 is in the works. Have a suggestion? Let us know!
“The people have a vital interest in the conservation of their natural resources; in the prevention of wasteful practices." ― Herbert Hoover
"While attending to 'today' many of us may not notice the impact of our actions: specifically, our actions relating to the environment.” ― Henry David Thoreau
Want to be kept informed of upcoming hikes and other CLT events?