- October 7: Our Tangletree Farm - Harvest Party/Fundraiser was a success, with food drink, music, country-western dance lessons, and more! The early evening included a hayride and informal tour of the farm to showcase this wonderful land easement acquisition. Wonderful food, drink and people: the perfect combination for a grand time!
- September 15: Star gazing at Cold Spring Farm. The sky was glorious from the open fields of the farm. The crowd was buzzing, as were the insects of field and forest. Jess and Jeff, our hosts, ordered up perfect conditions as well as some homemade victuals. The Astronomical Society of New Haven brought professional telescopes for all to look through. It was a glorious and enchanted evening!
Our goal is to help educate, entertain, and amuse! Usually this means a walk in the woods, but we may tour a cemetery or Historic Colchester. From time to time we will take to the water or the wheels. We often engage a guest leader with a particular expertise in the natural world. Regular participants in this program will attest to its value as a fine Sunday diversion and enlightenment.
Preview of coming attractions:
- November—bike the Airline Trail and rural roads to the Fat Orange Cat! From 12:30 - 3:00.
- December—Colchester downtown: history, Christmas lights
- 2018 is in the works. Have a suggestion? Let us know!
“The people have a vital interest in the conservation of their natural resources; in the prevention of wasteful practices." ― Herbert Hoover
"While attending to 'today' many of us may not notice the impact of our actions: specifically, our actions relating to the environment.” ― Henry David Thoreau
Want to be kept informed of upcoming hikes and other CLT events?