- June 3: CT Trails Day! we enjoyed a serene paddle around 125-acre Red Cedar Lake, taking in the sights and sounds: birds chirping, turtles dropping off logs into the water, and ducks flapping. And one Blue Heron! It was a marvelous day and a wonderful bit of exercise with some old friends and some new ones.
- May 7: Two dozen curious adventure seekers met to learn how the Jeremy River has changed since the removal of the Norton Mill dam. We discussed the history of the mill, the Town of Colchester's plans for the mill site, and how the removal of the 300-year old will affect fish migrations. Several folks with local knowledge contributed to expanding our understanding of these matters. A vibrant outing!
Our goal is to help educate, entertain, and amuse! Usually this means a walk in the woods, but we can take to the water or the wheels.
Preview of coming attractions:
- July—Bike the Airline Trail to Willi Brew Pub
- August—mushroom hunting
- September—star gazing
- October—Barn dance/hoe-down! A fund-raiser. Planning is in the works.
- November—(tentative) bike the Airline Trail from Old Hartford Rd to Rte 85, Hebron
- December—Colchester downtown: history, Christmas lights
“Nature, in its ministry to man, is not only the material, but is also the process and result. All the parts incessantly work into each other's hands for the profit of man.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson, Nature
Want to be kept informed of upcoming hikes and other CLT events?
Sign up for our newsletter!